Interested in working for a growing and vibrant team?
Send us your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Design Engineer
Reports to: Design Manager
Posts reporting directly: n/a
As a Mechanical Design and Development Engineer, you will be responsible for both the design and development of products. You will work from specifications to design new products and components. You will be asked to generate design schemes and provide initial drawings for prototype production and testing. You will produce 2D and 3D manufacturing drawings giving full dimensional requirements required for the correct functioning of the completed product.
As part of the design team you will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover. You will also be involved in writing maintenance programs, build documentation, operating procedures as well as project plans and ISO documentation.
As well as technical knowledge, you will need to project manage and multitask. Additional attributes, such as team leadership and management skills, are required for career progress.
- Identifying customer requirements
- Designing systems and products
- Reading/writing design specifications and technical drawings
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Designing prototypes of products using two/three-dimensional design software
- Working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards
- Liaising with others in the design team
- Liaising with clients and contractors
- Attending meetings on and off site
- Designing and conducting tests
- Recording, analysing and interpreting test data
- Proposing modifications and retesting products
- Qualifying the final product or system
- Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations
- Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design.
- Excellent math, science, technology and IT skills
- The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Good budgetary skills
- Excellent team working and people skills
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations
- Comply with Group and Site specific H & S policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures
- To take responsibility for the operations an oversight of operational sites in the absence of the A.D. Operations Manager and to be included in the out of hours alarm response rota
- Willing to work in close proximity to organic waste, willing to handle the waste as necessary, able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
Experience and Training:
- Relevant degree
- Apprentice trained in Mechanical Engineering Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering, with 10+ years experience
- AutoDesk Inventor 3D and full use of the VAULT.
Reports to: CEO
Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organisation in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: manufacturing, service, program management, prototyping build. Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organisation in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: manufacturing, service, program management, prototyping build.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organisation goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO.
- Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, National regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Cooperates with the development and establishment of adequate and equitable HR policies throughout the organisation, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Insures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
Skills, Experience and Training:
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Autodesk and electrical background.