Interested in working for a growing and vibrant team?
Send us your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Control Engineer
Reports To: CTO
Role: Design, develop and support the maintenance of our Process Control Systems and Instrumentation (currently Rockwell PLC, HMI and 4-20mA based) of Modular Anaerobic Digestion plants + functional design and specification of the systems.
- Responsible for the Process Controls of new and existing modular anaerobic digestion plants. The existing Process Controls are PLC, HMI and 4-20mA based using ladder logic, but you will lead the choice, design and delivery of our future Process Controls. Update and maintain functional description of the process (P&ID, finite state machine diagrams also).
- As part of a dynamic multi-skilled and small team your responsibilities for Process Control will be all encompassing. You will be required to: identify the best hardware and software for use, configure the chosen hardware and software, then play a lead role in the installation and commissioning of your Process Control system. After commissioning you will need to monitor the systems performance and support local engineers with diagnostic work and resolve any process control issues.
- Lead HAZOP and DSEAR effort for design changes and maintain these documents.
- Examine migration of PLC solution to other platforms.
General Skills required:
- Design, development and maintenance of Process Controls for fluid processes (water and biogas are predominant in Anaerobic Digestion).
- Configuring of PLCs using ladder logic.
- Configuring of HMI’s for intuitive operator use.
Experience and Training:
- Essential: 4+ years’ experience in the design, deployment and maintenance of Process Control Systems and Instrumentation for liquid and gas processes, at both hardware and software level.
- Highly Beneficial: 1+ years’ experience of using Rockwell Studio 5000, RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk View ME.
- On call availability.
- Some travel and client facing activity.
Reports to: Service Manager
As an Electrical Fitter, your role will involve:
- Install All Electrical Items In Sequence Of Build
- Installing wiring Looms as per build schedule
- Test All Electrical Circuits, Fault Finding and Problem Solving
- Support Mechanical fitters as and when required.
- Building and assembling small to medium sized products
- The ability and knowledge to understand engineering / manufacturing / electrical drawings, diagrams and documentation
- Must have the basic ability to mark out, drill and tap
- Working with and installing products such as pumps, gauges, valves and motors
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Good all-round house keeping
- Being able to read and understand electrical and technical documentation, drawings and plans.
- Being able to work alone or with a team.
- Being able to work in restricted spaces.
- Being physically fit and mentally alert.
- Communicating with clients in a professional manner.
- Completing jobs and projects in a timely manner.
- Following health and safety guidelines.
- Resolving problems efficiently and quickly.
- Understanding technical instructions.
- Reactive and Planned Maintenance.
- Carry out the defined CHP planned maintenance regime for all contractual obligations.
- Maintenance tasks in line with the Manufacturers specification.
- Carry out repairs, reactive maintenance and installation works on associated plant equipment.
- Complete the relevant paperwork and report diligently .
- Maintain electrical control systems and components
- Maintain/install electrical circuits using schematics and wiring looms.
Experience and Training:
- Electrical Fitter with at least 2-3 years experience
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
- Able to work unsupervised and function as part of a team.
- Comply with Group and Site specific H & S policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures
- Willing to work in close proximity to organic waste, willing to handle the waste as necessary, able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Some UK travel may be required.
- 17th Edition desirable
- Preferably experience working within Renewable Energy
- NICEIC accreditation (or equivalent)
Reports to: CEO
Posts reporting directly: 4 Service Engineers
Ensure that the needs of customers are being satisfied. Provide excellent customer service and promote this idea throughout the organisation.
- Develop site based installation and commissioning skills to support direct customer and reseller trials and sales.
- Develop service and support capabilities and augment with reseller capabilities.
- Co-ordinate and direct Engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
- investigating and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by customer service assistants.
- handling customer complaints or any major incidents, such as a security issue or product malfunction.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service your organisation is providing.
- producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer packages/software.
- writing reports analysing the customer service that your organisation provides.
- training staff to deliver a high standard of customer service.
- learning about SEAB products or services and keeping up to date with changes.
- keeping ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of service and maintenance contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the service and support division, to include training of staff.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to senior management.
- Manage the current annual service budget and contribute to the budgeting and planning process.
- Adhere to all statutory regulations, and SEaB Energy policies and procedures.
- Protect at all times the confidentiality of information handled within the remit of the post.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive Officer.