Exciting Opportunities: we are looking for talented people to join our team at SEaB Energy!
We are a fast growing company based in Shoreditch, London, UK.
We turn waste into energy and pride ourselves on our environmentally friendly credentials. We thrive on making constant improvements and growing the company.
We are strong believers in making a difference in the world around us. If you feel this is a good opportunity for you, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Control and Systems Engineer
Reports to: Design Manager
As part of a dynamic multi-skilled and small team, your responsibilities for Process Control will be all encompassing. You will be primarily based in SEaB Energy’s offices in Southampton, Hampshire, and with a requirement to attend customer sites, either in the UK or overseas. You will support and develop the current solution, identifying the best hardware and software for use, configure what you chose, then lead installation and commissioning of your Process Control system. After commissioning you will monitor the systems’ performance and support local maintenance technicians with diagnostic work to resolve process control issues. You will build a team to support company growth.
- Design, develop, support, maintain our Process Control system and Instrumentation (currently Rockwell PLC, HMI and with 4-20mA control signals) of Modular Anaerobic Digestion plants.
- Closely assist the Commissioning Team during Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, including testing of the electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Update and Produce Functional design, P&ID, and System specification, Finite State Machine diagrams and Coding specification documents with version control.
- Lead HAZOP and DSEAR effort for design changes and maintain these documents.
- Examine migration of PLC solution to other non-PLC based computing platforms (such as java).
- Support and train Mechanical and Electrical Technicians to diagnose and fix faults when required, including out-of-hours.
- Providing feedback and design input for prototype and R&D projects.
- Comply with company and site specific Health & Safety policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completing paperwork and producing reports diligently.
- UK and International travel as required.
- 3+ years’ experience of using Rockwell Studio 5000, RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk View ME.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Relevant professional registration.
- Sound experience in the design, deployment and maintenance of Process Control Systems and Instrumentation for liquid and gas processes, at both hardware and software level (Food/organics, sewage, water and biogas/methane control are predominant in Anaerobic Digestion).
- In-depth knowledge and experience of PLC ladder logic.
- Experienced in design and configuration of HMI’s for intuitive operator use.
- Proficiency in relevant standards (ISO, ATEX, DSEAR, CE, OpenPLC).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Sound experience of cross-cultural working.
- Able to work unsupervised, function as part of a team, and build/lead a team.
- Experience of working within a compliance driven environment.
- Good Computer skills (Mac OSX, MS Office, VMware, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to achieve project plan targets whilst remaining flexible, not easily distracted or diverted from key priorities.
- A team player; willing to participate in other areas to support colleagues as required, willing to handle waste as needed.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Written and verbal communication skills in English with 2nd language desirable.
- Familiarity with communicating to BMS such as Honeywell Tridium. Client Server Java/Python/C/C++ coding using TCP/IP.
- Experienced in working within renewable energy or oil and gas.
- Has an understanding of the challenges faced by an SME/ start-up company.
- Has an appreciation of the value of renewable and alternative energy.